Finding Relief in Love
Children all over the world will have many feelings and concerns about what has happened in Newtown on Friday, December 14th.
Take time to listen to what they are saying, and answer all questions as honestly as you can. The calmer you are, the better.
Help your children identify what they are feeling, and offer them opportunities to express those feelings in appropriate ways.
Share your feelings as well.
Remind them of these ideas:
1. Feeling sadness about what happened reminds us of how we are connected to each other, through the love in our hearts.
2. Behind all grief is Love.
3. As we focus on the love in our own hearts, we feel better.
4. We express our love by praying for the people in Newtown, Conn.
5. We express our love today, with and for the people we do know.
6. Introduce the idea of Compassion, a beautiful quality within all of us, that moves us to help people each other.
7. We feel better, when we think about all the compassionate people, who are helping the grieving families and friends in Newtown, Conn.
There is no right or wrong way for children to feel about this situation. Each child is different, and will respond in a unique way.
However, each child's strength is in the connection to their own inner spirit. It is this spirit that opens their heart and mind to find their unique way of healing, thus revealing to them their greatest source of power, The Love in their heart.
Use these blogs
to open up a healing dialogue
Sign up to Receive Future Blogs and Free Teaching Aids !